The full range of nursing care/nursing services to patients in the Urgent Care/Emergency Room. This position requires rotation of shifts (day, evening, and night). Work hours include weekends, holidays and call back.
Job Responsibilities include the following:
- Patient care/nursing services to meet the physical, psychosocial, spiritual, and cultural needs of the neonate, pediatric, adult and geriatric patients.
- Utilizes the nursing process to assess, develop, implement and document nursing interventions.
- Interviews patients and/or family members as appropriate; reviews patient medical history.
- Collaborates with health care professionals to provide health care, and to promote disease prevention and physical and mental health.
- Medication administration, treatments or interventions utilizing Standing Orders and/or medical provider orders.
- Operates specialized equipment, such as but not limited to, cardiac telemetry, cardiac defibrillator, respiratory equipment, Point of Care Testing (POCT), suction machine, IV pumps, pulse oximeter, and EKG equipment, etc.
- Assists medical provider with procedures, such as but not limited to, pelvic exams, cast/splint application, biopsy, peritoneal taps, insertion of central lines, Procedural Sedation, etc.
- Collects specimens, i.e., blood, urine, stool, peritoneal fluid, etc., as ordered by physician, or as per standing orders.
- Health education to patients and/or family.Initiates/delegates arrangements for patient follow-up care.
- Recognizes emergency codes such as Code Blue, Code Yellow, Code Red, Code Pink, etc., Initiates appropriate response to the activation of a Code.
- Participates in staff meetings, in-service education, and quality improvement activities to improve total hospital system in the delivery of patient care/services.
LPN/LVN: 8 Hour Shift (08:00 am – 17:00 pm) Monday – Friday with a 60-minute meal break as non-paid.
RN’s: 11.5 Hour Shift – (07:00 am – 19:30 pm; or 08:00 am to 20:30 pm; or 11:00 am to 23:30 pm; or 19:00 pm to 07:30 am or 20:00 pm to 07:30 am). A 60 minute meal break is permitted (as non-paid) for the contractor who is scheduled to work an 11.5 hour shift.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: Depending on experience.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com