Medical Lab Tech / MLT
The Contractor shall perform a full range of services in the specialty, including the most difficult cases. Services may include but are not limited to the following.
Job responsibilities include the following:
- Provide laboratory specimen collection, processing, testing and reporting services for eligible patients (Pediatrics, adults and elderly)
- Collection of specimens from patients and preparation of specimens for routine testing or packaging them for referral to reference laboratory
- Performs/monitors routine and specialized laboratory tests in microbiology, hematology, chemistry, urinalysis and serology
- Conducts quality control procedures on equipment, reagents and products
- Performs preventative maintenance for all instruments. Troubleshoots malfunctions and makes simple repairs or identifies need for external service
- Is familiar with and follows all written procedures and policies including laboratory technical procedures, laboratory safety, and laboratory blood borne pathogen policy
- Participates in laboratory proficiency testing
- Participates in laboratory quality assurance program and the clinics continuous quality improvement program as necessary
- Complete and file laboratory reports
- Assists in keeping laboratory neat and orderly
- Shall be knowledgeable and perform services using infection control practices in accordance with accreditation standards, IHS policy and procedures and other agency regulations and laws
- Shall use personal protective equipment to protect patient and personnel from exposure from infectious disease as appropriate
- Professional knowledge of medical terminology concepts, principles and practices derived through formal education
- Understanding of related disciplines such as microbiology, chemistry, physiology, anatomy, and their relationships to medical terminology
- Knowledge of quality control, proficiency testing and quality assurance to assure the reliability of data reported
- Skill in interpreting and evaluating the results of test/examinations in process and upon completion in order to recognize anticipated reactions and departures from the norm. Repeats tests and examinations if results provide improper or imprecise outcomes and reports reoccurring abnormalities and deviations to the supervisor
- Skill in calibrating and operating analytical instruments sufficient to independently perform reoccurring tests and analysis
- Knowledge and ability necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served
- Ability to identify and categorize and perform laboratory services to address each patient age specific needs (pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric)
- Provides services in a professional and respectful manner when dealing patients and colleagues
Sunday-Saturday, 8 hr shifts starting at 0630, 0730, 0830, 1330 and possibly 2200.
Hours of Operation:
40 hours per week. Sunday-Saturday with varied shifts. All federal holidays are excluded from the schedule.
- Must be ASCP certified
- Must be CPR certified
- Specialized Experience:
- Shall have at least (1) year experience that has equipped the candidate with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to perform successfully the duties of this position, and that is typically in or directly related to the work of this position.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: Depending on Experience
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org